Picture your Commercial courtyard or personal backyard as a gardening paradise. Fountains, waterfalls, quiet-secluded walk ways, beautiful patios, tropical and traditional settings, fish ponds......whatever the dream, Maas Nursery and Landscaping can make it a reality.
Maas provides complete commercial and residential landscaping services. Jim can design the perfect garden for you using the unique elements found at his one-of-a-kind gardening paradise. From Bronze statues to unique gazing globes, Jim has all the stock to bring mystery and elements of surprise to any garden setting.
Maas Nursery has been providing professional landscape design and installation since 1951. Jim Maas is
now landscaping for the children and grandchildren that his father,
Herbert Maas, worked for many years ago. Expert custom design and
longstanding personal service have been the foundation for this successful business that serves the entire Houston Bay Area.
Come out and sit down with Jim and his staff. Describe your backyard and then standback. Jim's sketching abilities are legendary. Ask to see some of his original designs. Awesome is the best description.
Description of our landscaping services procedures:
Have Jim Maas or one of our design staff design and install your landscape. Call for a consultation today: 281-474-2488.
It's very easy to get started with the Maas Nursery landscape
- Call to make an appointment at the nursery at no charge. The purpose of the first meeting is to decide what you want to do & about what it will cost.
- Bring in printed photos that we can draw on and measurements of the area you want to work on. We use the photos to sketch on and the measurements to come up with an
- We will sit
down and spend 15 min - 1 hour to help you decide how to proceed.
- Sometimes, this means we do a quick sketch, gives you a few
ideas, and you're on your way. We can show you the plants and
trees you need, tell you how to plant them, and you can start your
- Other times, you may want us to do the installation for you. See procedures below.
If your landscape project is a little bigger or you want Maas
Nursery to do the installation for you, we will need to draw a scaled
professional landscape design that you or our crews will be
able to use.
- Call to make an appointment at the nursery. The purpose of the first meeting is to decide what you want to do & about what it will cost.
- There is usually a $400 fee (for front or back yard) for this landscape design collected at your first appointment. For larger lots (such as a 3 acre yard) the fee is higher.
design fee will be refunded to you when your landscape is finished, whether we do the installation for you or you do the work yourself and buy all
of your plants and materials from Maas Nursery.
- Bring in printed photos that we can draw on and measurements of the area you want to work
on. We use the photos to sketch on and the measurements to come up with
- At your appointment, we will discuss what your
goals and budget are.
- You will
leave your pictures and measurements with us and we will contact
you when we have finished your design.
- Then, you'll have another meeting at
the nursery to go over the design, see the plants we have suggested,
make changes if necessary, and schedule the installation.
Jim is not only degreed in landscape architecture but
also a very experienced nurseryman who is available to help you with
plant problems and questions.
REMEMBER: MAAS NURSERY delivers and plants trees of all sizes - anything from 5 gallon to 100 gallon instant shade trees!